Vancouver Lawyers for Clients Denied Entry Into Canada
If you have been found inadmissible in an application for a Canadian visa or permit, or at a Canadian entry point, you may have a number of options. If you are preparing an application and concerned about inadmissibility issues, you should consult with a lawyer before applying.
At Embarkation Law Group, our team of experienced Canadian immigration lawyers advises and represents clients worldwide with respect to issues involving all types of criminal and medical inadmissibility, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Criminal inadmissibility : If you have been convicted of a crime in Canada or elsewhere, you may be found inadmissible to Canada on criminal grounds. The rules for criminal inadmissibility are different for foreign nationals and permanent residents of Canada.
- Medical inadmissibility : Foreign nationals can be found inadmissible to Canada for public health reasons or if it appears that they will excessively burden Canadian health or social services.
- Misrepresentation: You can be found inadmissible and excluded from Canada for two years if you misrepresent material information on an application or during an examination by an officer. Misrepresentation includes both commission and omission of material information.
- Immigration law violations: You can be found inadmissible if you are found to have worked or studied illegally in Canada.
- Security grounds: If you are considered a threat to security or accused of violating human or international rights, you can be found inadmissible on those grounds.
If you have been found inadmissible, you may be able to overcome this in a number of ways. It is important that you consult a Canadian immigration lawyer about any potential admissibility issues.
Our lawyers are highly experienced at advising clients on their options with respect to admissibility issues, assisting them with applications to overcome admissibility and representing them in litigation where necessary.
Contact Our Experienced Immigration Lawyers at 877-804-3230
We are available to consult with prospective clients in person at our downtown Vancouver office or by telephone. To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced lawyers, please phone us — toll free in Canada and from the U.S. — at 877-804-3230 or send us an e-mail.